Communication from asset managers is about to get more hi-tech after BNP Paribas AM unveiled its Investment Insights service.
Using Alexa-enabled devices, it offers investors access to voice-activated market commentary and thought leadership.
The company described the move as “one of its most innovative digital initiatives to date”.
BNP Paribas AM added that it “demonstrates how artificial intelligence can enhance the conversation with clients and investors, while facilitating data collection to better understand user engagement”.
The service has been developed using American English.
Language-specific versions will be developed for major European markets – including France and Germany.
What can it do?
Investment Insights offers Alexa users five key services:
- The Market Update: a five-minute briefing each Monday morning giving an outlook for the week and key market trends to look out for;
- The Daily Brief: a two-minute briefing on the day’s most important content;
- The Wrap: a four-minute recap each Friday covering the most important thought leadership content shared during the week;
- The Data Hub: a live database of market data; such as ETF and stock prices, trading volumes and performance;
- FAQ: answers to questions about BNPP AM.
Hilda Tingle, head of digital marketing at BNP Paribas Asset Management, commented: “We believe that voice-enabled interaction with our clients and investors will become increasingly important and the introduction of Investment Insights is a key development, enabling us to offer a voice experience that is more robust and complete than anything else that is currently available within the asset management market.”